Washington Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Evergreen Personal Injury Counsel is here to help you navigate the difficult and stressful process of a motorcycle accident lawsuit, including dealing with insurance companies and motorcycle manufacturers.Contact Us
According to the Institute for Highway Safety, motorcycle crashes are 26 times more fatal than automobile collisions. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, Evergreen Personal Injury Counsel’s experienced team of attorneys are prepared to navigate a lawsuit and help you with insurance companies and motorcycle manufacturers.
What Causes a Motorcycle Accident?
- Other Drivers: The number one danger for motorcycle riders is other drivers in bigger automobiles, who are less likely to be aware of their surroundings, especially at night or during inclement weather.
- Improper Safety Gear: Without safety features like seat belts and airbags, safety gear is a motorcyclists only protection. Always ride with proper safety gear, so that a minor crash doesn’t become a tragedy.
- Bad Driving Conditions: Neglected roads that aren’t up to safety standards can make safe driving more difficult, or even impossible. Nasty weather; rain, snow, and ice, can also impair your driving abilities.
- Motorcycle Defects: Keeping your motorcycle in good working order is a necessity for safe driving. Cases of failed maintenance or cases of factory defects can lead to increase the risk of a motorcycle accident.
Washington Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Total Traffic Fatalities: 565
Motorcycle Fatalities: 80
Percentage of Total: 14%
- 75% of all motorcycle fatalities can be traced to causal factors committed by the motorcyclist
- 86% of motorcycle fatalities on sport bikes were rider-caused
- 57% of all motorcycle fatalities involve a rider impaired by drugs and/or alcohol.
- 51% of fatalities involved speeding
- 91% of motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes are male