Evergreen Personal Injury Counsel has pioneered highway design litigation in Washington. Almost 30 years ago, we won the first multi-million dollar highway design case in the state of Washington, and have been winning highway defects and neglect cases ever since.
The cause of an automobile accident may seem obvious, but we know that tragic accidents can be caused by poor and unsafe highway design, construction and maintenance. Evergreen Personal Injury Counsel has the experience and resources to look beyond the obvious in any given accident and pursue all those who are responsible.
The law involving defective highway design, construction, and maintenance is very complicated. These cases demand a team of attorneys that knows the legal issues inside and out, and that is capable of handling complex litigation. Evergreen Personal Injury Counsel has won a significant number of cases against government agencies like the Department of Transportation for clients who have been seriously injured by dangerous roads.
Highway Defects Results
- $4.6 million recovered for a child severely injured in a car accident caused by a driver losing control on an icy on ramp that was neglected to be de-iced by the Department of Transportation.
- $3.5 million recovered for a man suffering from serious brain injuries following a fall from his bicycle after hitting a poorly maintained monument cover located in a roadway identified as a designated bicycle path.
- $2 million recovered for a woman rendered paraplegic after a collision involving a motorcycle and car at an at-grade highway crossing at a poorly controlled road constructions site.
- $1.1 million recovered for a single father killed due to poor maintenance of a bridge surface.
- $1.1 million verdict for a husband and father who lost his wife and three children in a car accident caused due to poor winter maintenance operations by the Department of Transportation.
- $500,000 for a man injured in auto collision that occurred because of government’s failure to mitigate ice and snow on an overpass.