Immediately after a serious automobile accident, there are likely hundreds of thoughts going through your mind. From the potential damage to your vehicle to your car insurance company, there are major obstacles to deal with following a car accident. One of the first questions you may be asking yourself is, “Do I need an attorney?”
While consulting a legal professional is ultimately a personal decision, there are many common indications that hiring an attorney is in your best interest. Consider hiring a Washington accident attorney if any of the following apply to you:
- You suffered a serious injury as a result of the accident, which can include permanent scarring, broken or loss of a limb, or loss of bodily function.
- You require long-term care as a result of your injuries, resulting in loss wages.
- You’re faced with expensive medical bills
- Your car accident was the potential result of government liability or product malfunction
- The insurance company has denied your claim or is offering an unfair settlement
- The police report following the car accident does not accurately describe the accident, or puts you at fault
- Other parties were involved in the car accident, such as pedestrians or other vehicles.
Some people may choose to file a personal injury claim against an insurance company on their own. Unless your injuries are very minor, do so with caution. It is unlikely that you will be able to recover all the money to cover medical bills and other expenses through the stand insurance process. According to a study by the Insurance Research Counsel, people who were represented by an attorney received a more substantial settlement—almost three and one-half times more—even after the attorney’s fees were paid.
If you were seriously injured in an automobile accident, consult with a trusted and experienced Washington accident attorney immediately. When it comes to injury claims, time is of the essence. It’s important to seek legal advice promptly to ensure all relevant evidence is preserved and not accidentally destroyed or lost. There is also a statute of limitations for filing a claim, which varies by case type.
Without an attorney, you may not be aware of all your potential legal rights to recovery. You may be able to recover compensation for lost wages, emotional distress and pain and suffering.
At Evergreen Personal Injury Counsel, our seasoned attorneys will work relentlessly to win you fair compensation for injuries. During your initial consultation, an attorney will help you understand your options and provide you advice on the best course of action. Even if you decide not to hire an attorney, your initial consultation at Evergreen Personal Injury Counsel is always complimentary. We are also available to come to you if necessary.
While consulting with an attorney is ultimately a personal decision, give us a call today and let us know how we can help.